Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Standing Tall

I've been giving Sophie lots of floor time lately. She's an excellent land swimmer and quite fast, but she's not doing any traditional crawling. I'm not concerned, I know each baby has their own timeline, but I am deliberately giving her opportunities to practice her locomotion skills.

This morning we were hanging out in the playroom, I was eating my breakfast and she was investigating all the toys she could reach. I placed a board book on a chair near her, curious if she would reach for it. She did more than that. After retrieving the book and perusing the pages, she turned her attention to the chair itself.

I watched a look of determination come over her face. Several minutes of trying resulted in this wonderful accomplishment.


The standing lasted just long enough for Phoebe to bring me my phone and for me to take a few quick pictures. I love watching Sophie learn. She's determined, not in a stubborn way, but in a stick-to-it way. I hope she keeps that characteristic as she gets older.