At the beginning of 2013 we started reading the Book of Mormon as a family. We had worked on it previous to that, but we had started and stopped so many times I couldn't quite remember where we were. So at the new year I decided we should begin again.
For a long time we read one verse per person each day. Occasionally we would recite a verse instead of reading when we were short on time, but most nights we read all five. About a year ago I decided it was time to increase our output. We went from five verses per day to ten verses per day.
After General Conference this October, Bryan challenged our family to move up to one whole chapter per day and to finish by Thanksgiving. We gave up bedtime stories and read more each night to make that goal.
On Monday night, with some of our Thanksgiving family guests there to help read, we finished the Book of Mormon. It was a wonderful and spiritual experience.
And now we're reading the Pearl of Great Price.
Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's a wonderful accomplishment! So glad you were able to meet your goal!
Congratulations!! That's awesome!
What a great thing you guys did as a family! I'm inspired. Good job.
Post a Comment