The last two weeks I've felt over-scheduled. Between meetings and play dates and regular mom obligations, my calendar has been packed. I was thinking this week would be a reprieve, but that is not the case.
Why is it so busy? A few reasons. Bryan and I were asked to head the Ward Christmas Party committee. This ward has two parties, one grown ups only party and one kid party. We're in charge of both and have two committees we're working with. The people on the committees are great and have been working well together, but it's still taking a lot of time from me and Bryan.
I am determined to have my house in order by Thanksgiving. For whatever reason we've had a hard time moving completely into this house. I finally put pictures on my living room walls today, which classes up the joint considerably. As soon as I get off the computer tonight I'll put in some more time organizing. This project has been drawn-out.
Perhaps the biggest reason I've felt busy is that I have a new calling. Well, I've had it for a month, so I guess it's not so new anymore. I'm serving as the second counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. I'm still learning my responsibilities, but so far it's going well. I enjoy what I'm doing, it just takes a lot more time. I'm in charge of activities and I have two committees that I'm working with, with a possible third committee starting in the new year.
And I'm putting in time to make friends. I know that will help me do all the other things I need to accomplish, it's just a long process at first.
Writing out some of the reasons I've felt busy helps me see that I am being productive and not just scattered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment