On Sunday morning Phoebe and I looked through the notes and talked about what she wanted to say. Then she dictated while I typed and asked questions. I expanded and clarified a few of her thoughts, but she wrote the majority of the talk. Here it is, for your enjoyment and edification:
The fourth Article of Faith says: We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost. When we choose to be baptized and confirmed, we are making a good and righteous choice.
When we are baptized, we promise to take Jesus’ name upon us, to always remember Him, and keep the commandments. The first promise that we make means that we are members of Jesus’ church, which has His name in the title, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The second promise means that we will always remember Jesus in every choice that we make. The third promise means to remember the commandments and obey them.
I remember when my brother Cooper was baptized last year. My dad said a special prayer, then he helped Cooper go all the way under the water. This is called baptism by immersion. Immersion means to be completely covered. My dad baptized both of my brothers.
After you are baptized, you are confirmed a member of the church. This is done when a Priesthood holder puts his hands on your head and says a special blessing where he gives you the gift of the Holy Ghost. If you are baptized, but not confirmed, it’s not complete. In February I went to my cousin Clara’s baptism. After she was baptized, she was confirmed.
I haven’t been baptized yet because I’m six years-old, and you have to be at least eight years-old. I have made the choice to be baptized when I turn eight next year. I feel so excited to be baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I close in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
1 comment:
WOW! Phoebe that was a wonderful talk.I have heard adults give talks that were not that good.I am so impressed and so lucky to have such a smart great granddaughter.I love you and I love your testimony.
Post a Comment