Tuesday, May 16, 2017

The Continuation of the Gifting

Phoebe brought me this beautiful paper bouquet of flowers that she made at school.


And this sweet bookmark.


And this cute card.



Cooper gave me this fun and poetic decoration.


And a book listing ten reasons why he loves me. Because they're so sweet (and this is my blog and I can post pretty much whatever I want), I'm going to share all ten.


Reason # 1: My Mom is very good at baking. She lets me bake with her. I get to handle some ingredients myself, but I have some trouble.


Reason # 2: My Mom reads to me at night sometimes. I love it. She also reads to me at day time. I really love it. Sometimes I read to her.


Reason # 3: My mom always hugs me and comforts me when I'm sad or mad. I always calm down. She snuggles me at night, too!


Reason # 4: My Mom lets me play outside. Sometimes she lets play whenever I want to. Sometimes I have to do my chores first.


Reason # 5: When I need help cleaning or handling something, my mom helps me pick up or clean.


Reason # 6: My Mom loves reading and so do I. I love that she loves some of the same things as me.


Reason # 7: I sometimes come up with good plans. My Mom suggests ideas to help me.


Reason # 8: My mom gives me fun treats that are very, very, tasty!


Reason # 9: My mom helps me read and do other things.


Reason # 10: I love my mom and she loves me, too!


Apparently when you're a big fifth-grader, you don't make gifts for your mom for Mother's Day at school anymore. Instead, Peter made me this LEGO creation and excitedly insisted that I wear it and take a picture. Some moms get macaroni necklaces, I got an awesome pseudo-cyborg LEGO headpiece.


Sophie kept gathering toys and bringing them to me and declaring them my gift.

I hope you all had a swell Mother's Day too.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Those kids are the best gifts!

Melinda said...

I mean those kids are the best, and those are the best gifts, but I guess the kids are really the best gifts.