Friday, August 2, 2019

On Her Own

On Wednesday morning, while I was in the shower and out of hearing range, Bryan heard Phoebe scream. He jumped out of bed and ran to see what was going on. Phoebe told him she had screamed because Sophie had opened the outside garage door. Why had she done that? Because she was trying to run away.

This is the picture he took of Sophie, ready to head out on her own.


What was the impetus for her journey? She, Phoebe, and Cooper were playing Uno and she got mad about...something, none of us are quite sure what. I asked her later about it and she didn't have a solid answer either. During that talk I hugged her and told her how sad I would be if she ran away and how we're so thankful that she's part of our family. She nodded and got a little misty eyed and hugged me back.

Then we talked about why we don't open the garage door. Hopefully she understood the importance of that too.

No comments: