This past weekend was General Conference, always one of my favorite times of the year. My brother Jordan and his wonderful wife Leah visited and watched with us, which made Saturday and Sunday even more fun. Highlights include Aunt Leah painting Phoebe's and Sophie's nails and Uncle Jordan giving an editing lesson to an attentive Phoebe while Peter and Cooper hung out nearby hoping for their own tutoring session.
The week before Conference we talked as a family about how to ask big questions and listen for answers from the Spirit. During the talks we would occasionally hear one of the kids say, "That answered my question!"
The four big kids did a good job overall, they love Conference and were excited. Topher is at an exceptionally busy stage, so Bryan and I traded off toddler-wrangling duties. That means neither of us had a restful or attentive General Conference experience, so I'm thankful for technology that allows me to spend the next six months reviewing the talks.
That said, there were some speakers that I loved:
Jeffrey R. Holland - The first talk answered one of my big personal questions.
Michelle Craig - She had greats suggestions for staying close to the Spirit and following revelation.
Dale G. Renlund - The stories of sacrifice and the importance of covenants really impressed me.
David A. Bednar - I loved his cheetah analogy.
Reyna I. Aburto - This was a powerful talk about mental illness, maybe the best talk of the weekend.
Bonnie H Cordon - I love the new Young Women theme!
President Russell M. Nelson - He loves the women of the church, I can feel it when he speaks. He clarified some very important and often misunderstood points about women and the Priesthood.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf - He talked about the Hobbit! Peter perked up as soon as the talk started and commented that he knew where the analogy was going and, later, that he agreed with it. Cooper cited this as his favorite talk. I loved it too.
President Russell M. Nelson - I loved his reminder to love our neighbors and care for them.
M. Russell Ballard - President Ballard's sweet stories about his wife touched my heart.
Peter M. Johnson - We are children of God and have divine potential.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why have I not had that same pre-conference conversation with my kids?!? We'll have to start that for next time.
Post a Comment