Monday, October 28, 2019

Heartache and Hope

We had a rough week at our house. Aside from the illness, there was a lot of contention, lots of raised voices, lots of stubborn pride. By Sunday night I felt completely drained. Then I was reminded that there are several people I love that are going through really awful, hard things. And my sorrow and pain for my own little family was swallowed by my concern and heartache for those around me.

With those loved ones on my mind, I stumbled across a quote from Jeffrey R. Holland. I have loved this quote for a long time, but it takes on new meaning during this difficult time.
Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come. -Jeffrey R. Holland
If you're reading this and thinking, "She's writing about me, she knows what we're going through," you're probably right. But you're not the only person that I'm thinking of. There are several, some who read this blog, some who don't. However, if you feel that this message is for you, then it is.

I'll add my own words. Keep moving forward. Surround yourselves with love and support and faith. Remember that being kind, no matter how impossible it seems, is always the right choice. Build your testimony (to quote one of my favorite talks from the latest General Conference) "everyday, everyday, everyday." Heavenly Father loves you, Jesus Christ loves you, and I love you too.

No comments: