Remember last week when I wrote about looking young?
A few days ago a high school friend tagged me on Facebook in a choir picture from my sophomore year. This picture of the Chamber Choir was taken on the steps of our fine arts building. In other words, between drama classes and theatre rehearsals and productions and choir classes and concerts and dance recitals and nearly every lunch for the two and a half years I attended this school, this is the building where I spent most of my high school career. It wasn't until I was in college that I discovered having a large high school campus with multiple buildings was something unique to warm climates.
Can you find me?
I showed the picture to Bryan and his first comment was, "You look like you're ten years old, and like Phoebe."
I was fifteen.
What makes his comment even funnier is that I distinctly remember some of my classmates thought I was older than they were because of my vocabulary. So I had a young face and old words.
And for the record, Phoebe is actually ten years old, but because she's so tall and articulate, people usually think she's older. The dental hygienist that cleaned her teeth last month thought Phoebe was twelve.

No comments:
Post a Comment