After I got home from my vaccine appointment yesterday, I saw that the CDC was on the verge of approving the vaccine for 12-15 year-olds. In fact, one of our local hospitals had received extra doses in anticipation of the announcement. A friend shared a link to that hospital's vaccine appointment page, so I decided to see if I could get appointments for the two people at our house in this new age bracket. I figured if the approval didn't come, I could cancel the appointments.
Well, it came, and Peter and Cooper both got their first dose of the vaccine today.
Their arms are sore, and Cooper said he felt tired soon after, but that passed quickly. Cooper was so pleased with the sticker he got that he announced he was going to laminate it and make it into a pin that he could wear all the time.
Phoebe wished she was eligible for her first dose as well. She's still got to wait for a bit, but her chance is coming soon.

4 comments:
Wahoo! I can’t wait for things to get back to mostly normal-meaning “we can come see everyone!” I hope that day is not too far off. I wonder when the vaccine will be approved for the 12 and under group? Happy the boys are getting their vaccinations. Tell Phoebe we are hoping it won’t be too long before she can have hers.
Yay. A few more weeks and good to go. Pfizer or Moderna?
Yay. A few more weeks and good to go. Pfizer or Moderna?
They both got Pfizer.
Post a Comment