- Bryan stayed up all night on Monday getting ready to move, I slept for two forty-minute chunks on the floor of the playroom, Peter went to bed around 4:30 in the morning.
- We drove over vanloads of stuff nearly all night.
- We have too much stuff.
- Our walkthrough was at 11:00 and at 11:02 I was still throwing garbage bags full of random stuff into the back of the van. The landlord was nice enough to wait for us.
- He was happily shocked at how clean the townhouse was. Apparently the renters that preceded us had left it so messy that it took him a month to clean it enough to rent it.
- He was sad to lose us as renters and brought us a housewarming gift, an expensive vase made in Italy. It's way nicer than any other stuff we have.
- Because the basement is growing mold and the upstairs is a construction zone, we're spending all our awake time on the main floor.
- All the mattresses are in the library. All the couches and chairs are in the great room. Pretty much everything else is in the garage.
- We've been sleeping on air mattresses.
- Today, as I was chasing Topher, I tripped on a suitcase and possibly broke my toe. It's discolored and a little swollen and hurts a lot. I must have special tripping skills because it's the middle toe on my right foot and I figured the others toes would have protected it better than they did.
- We're getting leftover rain from Hurricane Ida and water is coming into our basement from three different places. The sump pump is working, but it's too high and leaves an inch of water. At least now we can see more places that need to be fixed.
- We're really, really tired.
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
The Bullet Points
A summary of the last few days:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment