Wednesday, September 17, 2025

Figuratively, Not Literally (I Think)

We attended our old ward on Sunday (in addition to our current ward) to hear one of Peter's friends speak about his recently concluded mission. We stayed for the second hour and it just so happened that Topher's favorite primary teacher was subbing that day. She took him by the hand and walked him into the primary room, which helped calm the nervousness he was feeling.

At bedtime that night I asked how primary was. 

Topher: It was good, did you know that Sister D was a sub?

Me: Yes, I think Sister K is the regular teacher.

Topher: Oh yeah! She is. 

And then he told me why Sister K wasn't at church that day.

Topher: Her friend in North Carolina lost her mom and she went to help find her.

And as soon as my brain caught up to what he said I had to stifle a gasp. I'm pretty sure that's not what was meant by lost, but since I haven't confirmed that, I have yet to correct his interpretation.

No comments: