Friday, September 5, 2025

To Go Inside Someday

Cooper and Sophie both gave talks about the temple on Sunday. Cooper jotted a few notes, but didn't write the whole thing down. He did a great job, I just don't have the talk to post here. Sophie also did a great job and she wrote down what she was going to say. And now you get to enjoy it, too.

“I love to see the temple I’m going there someday. To feel the holy spirit, to listen and to pray.” A few weeks ago I had the privilege to go to the temple. I love going to the temple, every time I go I feel so peaceful and calm. I love that I get to go with Phoebe and Cooper. When I was too young to go to the temple I was always sad when my older siblings got to go in but I didn’t. I remember waiting in the foyer of the Manhattan meeting house-which is in the same building as the Manhattan temple-waiting for them to be done, it felt like forever. I wanted to be inside, I wanted to see what they were doing and I wanted to help as well. The words of I Love to See the Temple described the way I felt, I wanted to go inside someday and be there with my siblings. Now that I am old enough to go inside, serving in the temple goes by so fast, I wish it lasted longer. Whenever I hear that there is an upcoming temple trip I am overjoyed to go. I can’t wait until Topher is old enough to go inside. I bear my testimony that going to the temple is important and it is a very positive experience. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

NanaCris said...

Beautiful talk Sophie! 🥰