After the Temple we headed to our hotel. We ate our dinner of hot dogs and watermelon that we had brought from home, then we headed out to see the annual Wooden Boat Festival. I don't actually have any pictures of wooden boats, but I do have several of a tank that the National Guard had set up nearby. Bryan and the big kids got to climb inside and look around, which they all thought was completely awesome.
We wanted to stay out at the festival and see more of the city before the fireworks show at 10:20, but we were a tired bunch. So instead we went back to the hotel and played in the toy room for a bit. We also wanted to swim, but everyone else had already had that idea so the pool was packed.
After that we went to our room, changed into pajamas, and watched movies and ate snacks until it was time for fireworks. Sophie had gone to sleep, supposedly for the night, so I had offered to stay with her while Bryan took the big kids to watch the show from the front of the hotel. Then, just a few minutes before it was supposed to start, Sophie woke up, so I threw on the Bjorn and we all headed outside.
The display was over a lake. We were close enough to see it, but not so close that we were deafened by loud booms. It was just right. And I loved that as soon as it was over all we had to do was take a short walk back to our hotel.




No comments:
Post a Comment