Monday, July 14, 2014

Two Loves

We crossed two more items off our list this weekend.

We finally made it to Powell's Books. It was amazing. We only visited a small part of the children's section and we were there for an hour. I was in awe of their collection. The kids were in heaven. Each child bought a book with their own money, but the process of choosing was harder for some than others.

Phoebe gathered a stack of princess/fairy/anything girly books and read. She also kept recommending books to a little girl who was much younger. Finally, she picked a Sophia the First book. Peter went to the LEGO section and found Ninjago books, which kept him occupied. Cooper agonized over which book he would choose and looked at several before he landed on a Magic Tree House book at the last minute. Even Sophie was excited to be there. She desperately wanted to hold the books, but I didn't think would end well. I found a cloth book for her and she played with it all day yesterday. And Bryan got to check out the science fiction section, which made him happy.

I'm kind of kicking myself that it took so long to go there.

The other thing we did was even better than Powell's. We went to the Portland Temple.


Due to being pregnant and uncomfortable when we moved here and then having a new baby, I hadn't been yet. On Saturday we all drove down and Bryan sat in the car and watched a movie with the kids while I attended the Temple. It was glorious. I feel so much lighter and more centered. And I feel like I've been a better mom.

We were sad that Bryan and I couldn't go together, but he pointed out that it is much harder for me to find a time to go on my own than it is for him (since I always have kids with me) and he wanted me to have that experience. And he had fixed his car that morning (a belt broke so we had to leave it at his office in Portland) so he was greasy and not dressed for the Temple. I love the Temple and am so thankful for it. I know that it is a sacred place and the work that is performed there is divine.


1 comment:

Grandma Bonnie said...

I love Bryon he such a good man.