Friday, July 11, 2014

Look at All the People, At All the People*

We concluded our Seattle adventure by doing the most touristy thing we could think of: we visited Pike's Place.


The masses were there in full force. It was hard to see the famous fish shop and the smell was a mixture of seafood and unwashed human. We didn't stick around for long.

We hiked many levels down to the pier. And we had an awesome guide!


My MBASA friend Ashley drove forty minutes to meet and lead us around downtown. We had a lovely time catching up. She filled me in on some of the MBASA happenings of the last year (her husband graduated the year after Bryan) and I assured her that MBASA withdrawals would dissipate over time, though I'm not sure if they ever completely go away.

After walking all day and not getting to ride on or go into anything, the kids finally got to do something fun. On the pier below Pike's Place there is a carousel, and for $2.50 a pop, we rode it. I think they enjoyed it. Phoebe certainly had fun.



The kids were good sports and walked much more than their legs wanted to. Sophie hung out in the Björn all afternoon, which I think was a nice change from the car seat. Also, the stroller would not have fit through the crush of humanity.


I'm glad we took the time to visit Seattle. I liked the city. It felt like a combination of San Francisco and Orange County, with a dash of Portland sprinkled in. And with our big move coming up, I'm not sure when we'll be close enough to visit again.

That's one more major item on our bucket list complete!

*Giant bonus points if you know what I'm referencing in the title.

No comments: