The kids finished swimming lessons yesterday. They all had lots of fun in the water and some of them even learned new things. Phoebe was promoted to the next level and the boys now know what they need to work on for next time. And I enjoyed getting a little time one-on-one with Sophie twice a week while the other kids swam.
Yesterday Peter got home from Cub Scout camp just in time to take a shower (he was very muddy) and grab his swimsuit. I looked at his mud-caked sneakers and asked if would wear his church shoes to the lesson. He said yes, then asked if he could wear my brown, gender-neutral flip-flops instead.
That's right folks, my eight-year-old has feet as big as my own. For the record, I have really small feet. I always felt a kinship to Cinderella for that very reason. But still, it's a little surprising that, in a pinch, he can wear my shoes. Don't worry, I won't let him wear any of my girly shoes. Phoebe has laid claim to those anyway.
And he has another ten years of growing ahead of him...
Friday, July 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment