I am so thankful for Bryan. He was in California from Tuesday through Friday afternoon. It was my first time just me and the boys over night. Things went pretty well. I didn't have any episodes with tears and Peter only had a normal amount. And while I'm glad to know that I have the ability to care for the boys by myself for that long on a regular basis, I'm so glad that I don't have to. I love that he was just as glad to be home and see us as we were to have him back. My sister asked when our honeymoon phase was going to end. I asked what she meant. She said, "You know, how you guys talk on the phone a lot during the day." Is it abnormal to want to talk to my husband after almost seven years of marriage? How sad for people that think so. I'd rather talk to Bryan than anyone else. So, the answer to her question is never, I hope.
And Peter and Cooper both were so happy to see Bryan again. Peter started asking where Daddy was on Wednesday. I told him that Bryan was in California. On and off for the next two days Peter would tell me that he was packing. When I asked what he was packing for he said he was going to "see Daddy in Cafonia". That's a sign of how important and how involved Bryan is in Peter's life.
We're pretty lucky.
4 comments:
Thank you. I love you guys!
That is so sweet! :)
and i like the wii shirt :)
ahh they are sooo cute!! Honeymoon stages should never end!
Post a Comment