Friday, June 6, 2008

I Hope They Call Me On a Mission

I had the privilege of seeing my two youngest siblings into the Missionary Training Center on Wednesday. I also got to do this for my other two brothers as well as Bryan's sister and brother. I didn't serve a full-time mission, but I've put in a nice amount of time in the MTC anyway.

Paige is going to the Washington D.C. South Mission and Isaac is going to the North Carolina Charlotte Mission. Some of the volunteer missionaries that direct you where to go in the MTC noticed that Paige and Isaac had the same last name on their tags and commented about what a neat coincidence it was that they were going into the MTC on the same day. I do think it was neat, but I don't think it was a coincidence.

As a side note, Peter spent most of Wednesday afternoon singing "Called to Serve" at the top of his lungs. It was awesome.

Here are some pictures from our very rainy trip to the MTC.







4 comments:

Cristin said...

My brother-in-law is currently serving in the Washington DC South mission! Tell her to look out for Elder Lassen. (He's in the office right now, so he might be one of the first Elders she meets in the field.)

LeMira said...

Wow! Matt's family lives in the D.C. south mission. That's pretty cool. I'll have to tell his parents -- they love to have missionaries over for dinner.

Patrick, Adrienne, Isabella, & Makenzie said...

oh the good ol' mtc.

and good ol' charlotte, nc.

:)

Sarah said...

Woah! Did they time that? Makes me laugh b/c my friend Brian Wall & I had EVERYONE convinced in the MTC we were brother & sister... even with the different last names. What can I say? We look (A LOT) alike. (: