I suppose I should save that title for my birthday next year, but I'll use it on this fitting occasion. Today is my parent's 30th Wedding Anniversary. That's a commendable milestone.
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Happy Anniversary from the Belnaps.
Congrats to your parents! The best marriage advice I've ever been given is that words and eggs must be handled with care! Never say anything you'll regret, or that can't be taken back.
The best advice for us was given by Pres. Samuelson who did our sealing. He said 2 things, 1. To keep our temple recommends current at all times and go to the temple often to remember the covenants we made there and 2. That we would get a LOT of advice (from parents too) and that we needed to be able to put it aside and find out what WE should do and seek the Lord's guidance in our decisions. Probably not as important for some people but we seem to get more than enough advice on an insanely way to regular basis and it has been very helpful to know we can ignore all the advice(especially since a lot comes from people closer to us, namely one of our families) It's easier when you are told to ignore it :) So we like to pass it on since I'm sure there are others out there who need to hear it too.
The best advice was at my sister's sealing to her hubby. The sealer said "Remember what's right, not who's right." I love that!
Who are those slim, young people anyway?
The best advice I have ever been given was that it is okay to go to bed angry. Michael and I have discovered that sometimes we argue when it is late because we are tired and if we stop trying to resolve the issue and get some sleep, the matter is more easily resolved the next day. Congrats to your parents!
Post a Comment