Friday, September 11, 2009

You Are Seventeen Going on Eighteen...

Bryan's brother Spencer turned 18 this week, so we had a little party. We made a fancy, extra-sugary-sweet cake, brownies with egg substitute that turned into chocolate hardtack, and low-sugar yellow cupcakes with low-sugar chocolate icing. I ate the cupcakes... and the brownies.


Spencer got a big box of assorted food items, something that every college freshman needs. Melinda is modeling the present that Peter made for Spencer. It is an empty paper towel holder. With a hole bitten out of the middle. Seriously.


Cooper couldn't even tell the cupcakes were low-sugar.


And we wore Peter out.


Maybe we should have a party every night...

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Don't forget the food. Those were some good steaks - even if I did undercook them a bit.

What better way to usher in adulthood than with a 24 ounce Porterhouse.

Happy B-day Spencer.

Keith said...

So, this is Keith Jones, your old Gift/Exchange Assistant! And I must admit, I'm leaving a comment on your blog under false pretenses that have nothing to do with your blog entry (although I am intrigued by the concept of throwing a party every night to wear the kids out early). But I recently left you a message on Facebook because I don't know your e-mail address, and I'm not sure how often you check Facebook. I'm starting the process of applying to MBA schools and, if you're willing, I could use your help as a previous supervisor of mine on some letters of recommendation. I understand completely if you're too busy to help with it. There are more details in the Facebook message. If you want you can just e-mail me back at doctorjones3.5@gmail.com. Hope everything's going well for you!