Monday, September 28, 2009

Sick Day

I'm sick.

Yesterday the boys and I stayed home from church so as not to infect our friends and neighbors. Bryan had to teach Elder's Quorum, but he stayed home during the other two meetings to take care of us. Cooper and I have it the worst. Peter is mostly just sniffly, but it was enough that we didn't want him wiping his nose on one of the other Sunbeams. It's a general achy, gross-feeling, sore throat, chills and low-grade fever kind of thing. I'm going to have to figure out how to do all of my normal mom activities in a semi-functional state.

I got a call from a member of the compassionate service committee last night. She was calling to find out if everything was alright, if we needed anything. This might bother some people, having someone check up on them and find out why they weren't in church, but I appreciated it. I guess it's nice to know that they noticed I wasn't there. It's nice to be missed.

2 comments:

Shari said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. When the kids were little and mom was sick, we'd grab a stack of books, and climb into bed pj's and all. The kids would "read" to mom to help her get better faster. It worked for a couple of minutes.
Drink plenty of fluids too.

amanda said...

I must be a lousy RS compassionate service leader because it never dawned on me to call someone just because they weren't at church. Um hello?! What an obviously simple and effective way to reach out to the sisters in need! Uh gotta go make some calls. Get feeling better soon!