So far I have one thing on my list for the boys. This book:

We've checked this out from the library at least three times and each time I read it I discover something new. The text is cute, all about a large family gathering at grandma and grandpa's house for Thanksgiving. It's the pictures though that really get me. Diane Goode, the author and illustrator, has visually captured so many familial truisms that she must come from a large family herself. As each family arrives you learn something new. And the families are dressed in color-coordinated outfits, so you always know who belongs with whom, which adds even more to the story.
Click on the picture and check out her website. You can view some of the illustrations to get an idea for how detail-rich they are.
Now, I wonder if I can hide this from my bookworm boys for the next four months...
*Bryan and I are both sure that I've already written about this, but I've just looked through all of my past posts and can't find where. So if I'm repeating myself, oh well.
2 comments:
Thanks for the recommendation! We'll check that out from the library.
I don't remember the piano story, so if it is a retelling, thanks for retelling it. How funny! I'm trying to figure out how he did that -- amazing!
I love that book, too! I also love that she writes it in a way that if you want, you can read the simplified version or the "extended" version.
Post a Comment