We had sushi on Saturday night. I've been craving it my whole pregnancy and we don't exactly have a kitchen right now (I'll explain that in another post) and Peter heard us mention the possibility of sushi and latched onto the idea immediately.
I thought I would go and order a regular meal and not eat any of the delicious rolls. However, it turns out there are plenty of fully-cooked sushi (okay, not technically sushi) rolls. Man, it was good.
I was very proud of the boys. While we've gone to a sushi restaurant a handful of times, neither boy had ventured beyond their kid's-meal bento-box. But on Saturday, both boys tried a piece of a California roll and another one that I can't remember the name of. And only one boy spit any of it out!
Last night at dinner we ate left-overs. We brought home most of the California roll and Peter was eating a piece of it. That's when he told us the following story. Two things to keep in mind, he only went on Saturday and Bear is one of his invisible friends:
Peter: I had sushi on Saturday and on Tuesday. I went with Bear. They had sushi and taquitos there, which is WEIRD for a sushi place.
Yes Peter, it would be weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope Bear is a better friend than Franklin.
Sushi actually just means vinegar'd rice. Sushimi is raw fish. Additionally, no sushimi is sold in the US completely raw: it's dropped in boiling water for a few seconds. It still tastes (and is effectively) raw, but it has been cooked.
I would like a Sushi place better if it had taquitos. Maybe next time I can go with Peter and Bear.
Bear is actually Franklin's best friend in the books. Most of Franklin's friends come to visit from time to time. Bear happens to be the friend in favor at the moment. And yes, so far he is a better friend than Franklin. Bully Bear, however, is not such a good friend. He's not from the books, simply one of Peter's creations to explain naughtiness. I think.
Post a Comment