Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day of Rest

Wednesday was a much needed day off from the theme parks. We just made it to breakfast at the hotel before they put away all the food (we rolled in at 9:27 and cleanup happened at 9:30). Then Bryan and I both dozed a little back at the hotel room while the kids soaked up some Disney Channel. We finally pulled ourselves together to head back down to my parents' house (to retrieve my forgotten wallet) and then over to my Grandma's to visit and do laundry.

I hadn't realized how hard we'd pushed ourselves until I could barely walk that day. By the time we got everyone to sleep that night, we were feeling slightly more rested, but I was still a little wary of prying myself out of bed the next morning.

A lovely thing about Wednesday, my kids played at my Grandma's house. I have many, many memories of playing there as a child and it was fun and nostalgic to watch my children enjoying her yard. I noticed that it seemed a lot smaller though. Funny how that happens.

No comments: