The official word is in. Later this summer we will move from living in Utah to living in (or at least near) Portland, Oregon. Of the five possibilities for where we might go, Portland was the least likely, so we were kind of surprised. However, we're embracing the adventure of it.
Pretty much everything I know about Portland comes from the show Portlandia (which is where I got the title of this post).
Can any of you lovely readers tell me anything about the city that will be our home for the next year? Places to live? Things to do? Trivia? Anything?
4 comments:
Vancouver, WA is an amazing place to live, just over the bridge. Lots of portland workers live there. I grew up there. The schools are great, and there is lots to do. I would def pick Vancouver over Portland. OR schools are not very well funded and struggle a bit. My favorite place in Vancouver is NW is the Hazel Dell or Felida area. My brother still lives there and they love it.
Also, try to make sure you get a house with a play room. The rainy days can make for a VERY long fall/winter/spring, and having a place for the kids to go may just save your life, since outside isn't always an option.
When are you moving?
How exciting! I've never been there but hope to visit one day.
Talked with someone yesterday, who was visiting from Eugene, OR. They recommended the rose gardens, the coast, lava tubes, and that show your watching already.
My parents live in Vancouver, WA and it is lovely! It's just over the river from the city. In Portland, I think your boys would love OMSI. The zoo is really big and nice. The rose garden and especially the Japanese garden are beautiful. We love a restaurant called Montage that is under a freeway overpass and has the most delicious mac 'n' cheese. Also, Powell's Books is HUGE and has so many great new and used books. It's a treasure hunt every time.
Post a Comment