Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Breaking Curfew

I've documented in the past that Bryan and I are night-owls. Our late schedule took an extreme turn over the last year. Between Bryan's homework and my various responsibilities, our normal bedtime became 1 AM. We've had a hard time breaking that habit.

A few nights ago Bryan and I were up too late again. I was working on a blog post about Disneyland (those things took two hours each) and we were watching something on Netflix. Peter stumbled out from his room for a drink of water - not an unusual occurrence. He got his drink then looked at us.

With his eyes squinty from sleep and his hair sticking out all over, he asked, "What are you guys still doing up?"

We responded that we were working on stuff. He looked at the clock, then back at us, "It's really late. It's after midnight. You guys should go to bed."

We told him he was right, then hugged him and sent him back to bed.

You know you have a problem when your seven-year-old accurately calls you on it.

No comments: