I love sunshine, even the cloudy sunshine that we get here. My kids must love it too, because the last few days they've insisted on staying up waaaay past bedtime to enjoy more of it, not that they're actually playing outside or anything. They simply won't go to sleep.
Tonight everyone had been quiet for some time and I thought maybe they had given in and gone to sleep. I knew Peter was awake and reading in the playroom, so I put a sleeping Sophie in her bed and checked on Cooper and Phoebe. I found Cooper in his bed, looking guilty and pulling his hand away from a book that was lying on the floor next to him. He was surprised that I knew he had been reading. When I looked in on Phoebe I saw she was in her bed. I also saw that she was wearing a crown and a necklace and waving a wand. And she complained that she just couldn't fall asleep. Shocking.
I removed the book and the accessories and told them to sleep. When I checked a few minutes later Phoebe had migrated to Cooper's room where he was reading to her. I put everyone back in their rightful place and went to pick up the happy, kicking, smiling, no-longer-sleeping Sophie from her bed. This was around 8:30, a mere hour and a half after bedtime. I had to go in again later to move Phoebe's books away from her bed and assure her that she could read them in the morning.
Maybe it's not sunshine but books that are keeping them awake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment