Monday, May 19, 2014

The Long and the Short Of It

Sophie has a lot of hair. Some of it is long, so long that when I pull it straight it touches her back. Most of the hair on top in the front is pretty short. Towards the back on top it's long and straight, but in front of her ears it's wavy/curly. And it's all wispy. In short, she looks like a homeless street urchin out of a Charles Dickens' novel, like she should be rubbing elbows with Pip or the Artful Dodger or some other child with no proper adult to care for their grooming.


I've spent time staring at her hair, trying to figure out what to do with it. Do I cut it? And if so, do I cut all of it or just trim the longest pieces? Do I adorn it with cute bows in it in an attempt to distract people from what's really going on with her mane? Do I brush it so it stands straight up at all times, because I can?

Since it's long on the sides, I was curious if I could get it into a ponytail. The result shows just how long her hair is.


And here it is from another angle.


Like I said, long and wispy. Maybe I'll approach it the same way I do the boys' hair: wash it, then leave it alone until we comb it for church on Sunday.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

So very cute!
=0)

Melinda said...

Cute piggy tails

The Lybbert Family said...

That is so funny. Charlotte also has a lot of hair, but is it completely different than Sophie. Charlotte's is long on top, and short around the sides and the back. I think it is so interesting how babies grow hair. So different, and both so cute. Charlotte's ends up in a pony tail on top most days.