Phoebe and I were invited to participate in a mom-taught preschool with some families in the ward. I was apprehensive to say yes, but I know that Phoebe is a social creature and would enjoy the company. And I get to be one of the teachers, which makes it more appealing. Cooper liked doing Joy School when he was little and this is similar to that.
The original plan was to meet twice a week for three hours each day. That felt like a lot to me, so I started asking the other moms how they felt about only meeting once a week. Turns out I wasn't the only one that thought six hours per week was a lot. There are eight kids (wowzers!) and, because our ward is spread out and the travel time between some of our houses is forty minutes, we'll meet once a week. Yesterday was the first day.
I thought Phoebe would be excited, and she was, kind of. She was also nervous. She wouldn't let me take her picture until we had arrived and she was out of the van.
When I went in to get her afterward she was much more enthusiastic. I tried to glean information about how the three hours had gone and this is what I got.
Me: What did you do?
Phoebe: I learned.
Me: What did you learn?
Phoebe: All the preschool stuff.
And that's about all I know. They did puzzles and sang a welcome song and talked about days ("What kind of days?" "Rainy days and sunny days.") and had recess and lunch, but I suspect that those activities did not take all three hours.
She was in such a good mood when we got home that she invited me to take her picture, quite an improvement from earlier in the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I'm glad your mobile once more. It looks like she be standing next to the van are you driving? Congratulation Phoebe on your first day of preschool.
My Dragon some time misunderstands what I'm saying, and since I don't know how to correct it you have to do the proofreading.
Unfortunately I am not mobile yet. I wasn't driving. And don't worry about the dragon; I'm always happy to see a comment from you. :)
Post a Comment