I'm still hobbling around on my crutches. Good news though, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning! I'm hoping he'll say I've had a miraculous recovery and am free to go about my normal activities. That might not happen, but it would be swell if it did.
After three days stuck on the couch (including sleeping here since I can't go upstairs to my room) I've come to an important conclusion: I do a lot. All day long I pick up little things here and there, I tidy, I prepare, I straighten. A few days of not doing them is starting to show. Those meals I make? Even the easy ones require many steps of instructions to a six and eight year-old. Also, my kids drop A LOT of trash on the floor. And dirty clothes. One child who shall remain nameless throws their dirty clothes all over the place. I've had to employ my crutch to push debris out of the way so I can amble by.
It's good to have a reason to sit though. I can't run errands. I can't rush here and there. I must sit and hold Sophie and play games with Phoebe and maybe even nap when the stars align. I think being still is important and something I don't do enough.
Still, I am looking forward to being mobile again soon.
Monday, September 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sad for you to be immobile. That's really tough. Fingers crossed that the Miraculous Recovery thing works out.
Post a Comment