We have a four-year-old at our house! She told anyone that would listen that it was her birthday and that meant she was now four. Four is a big deal round these parts. It's the age that you no longer have to have your hot dogs cut up in order to eat them. It's also when you can finally eat popcorn. I don't know any other families that follow that guideline from the AAP, which is why some of Phoebe's friends have looked at her funny when she's conspiratorially shared her delight at finally eating popcorn.
When I took the boys to pick out a new shirt for the first day of school, she asked if she could have a shirt as well. I spotted a display of birthday shirts and pointed them out. I felt silly buying a shirt for one day, so I told her she could wear it during the whole month of September. I had to make sure it was clean for her birthday.
We started the day with chocolate pancakes. Actually, I started the day the night before by preparing the pancakes, mixing pizza dough, and making pizza sauce. I also wrapped presents and put up streamers. That morning though, we began with the pancakes. This girl loves chocolate.
She also loves pizza. That was our other big meal of the day. Birthdays at our house do focus on food.
She enjoyed opening presents. Regarding her feelings on the gifts, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
She asked for a chocolate cake with purple frosting. She helped me decorate it and I can say without reservation that it's the best looking cake we've ever had.
As is our tradition, I conducted a birthday interview. She added a few more categories this time. I don't think I'll ask the boys who their favorite princess is, but it's fun to hear that from Phoebe.
FAVORITE FOOD: chocolate cupcakes
FAVORITE FOOD: chocolate cupcakes
FAVORITE ANIMAL: pony
FAVORITE CANDY: chocolate
FAVORITE PRINCESS: Rapunzel
FAVORITE QUEEN: Elsa
FAVORITE BOOK: Sesame Street Rhyming Rapunzel
FAVORITE COLOR: blue and purple and pink
FAVORITE SHOW: My Little Pony
FAVORITE MOVIE: Tangled
FAVORITE SONG: Let It Go
FAVORITE BOARD GAME: Candyland
FAVORITE SONG: Let It Go
FAVORITE BOARD GAME: Candyland
FAVORITE CARD GAME: Memory
FAVORITE VIDEO GAME: Disney Princess for the DS
FAVORITE THING TO DO: Watch movies and pick flowers
FAVORITE MEMORY FROM BEING 3: When I dressed up as Cinderella for Halloween
FAVORITE PLACE: Disneyland
FAVORITE SUBJECT IN SCHOOL: Learning
FRIENDS: Johanna, Kate, Jeffery, Anna, Grizzette, Bekah, ElizaFAVORITE VIDEO GAME: Disney Princess for the DS
FAVORITE THING TO DO: Watch movies and pick flowers
FAVORITE MEMORY FROM BEING 3: When I dressed up as Cinderella for Halloween
FAVORITE PLACE: Disneyland
FAVORITE SUBJECT IN SCHOOL: Learning





1 comment:
Phoebe gets more delightful each year.
=0)
Post a Comment