Sophie has officially entered the Busy Toddler Stage. Last week I found her standing on the middle of the dining table. Twice. She also found a bin with several boxes of gum and helped herself. When Bryan found her she had six pieces in her mouth. She's so busy, and thus requires so much more supervision, that my productivity level has gone down considerably.
I've been trying to stop my night owl behavior and go to sleep earlier. Tonight when I got home from a meeting at 10pm I seriously considered staying up to work on a project. "I can get a few hours of work done if I start right now. I can stop around midnight and be in bed by 1am." Even as I was thinking it I realized that it was ridiculous, I am so very tired, why would I intentionally stay up crazy late?
And then I realized why I wanted to stay up and work. My Sweet Sophie is asleep right now. That means my very busy girl doesn't need constant surveillance. And that, my friends, means I can get a whole lot more done.
I love that little girl, and I even love her business, but I need to figure out how to get my work done while she's awake. I miss sleep, I'd really like to get more of it.
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment