Monday, March 7, 2022

Returned

I've got a backlog of books that I've been listening to recently. I've burned through a few series (Phoebe wanted new recommendations, so I tried them out first), read an excellent book about personal revelation, and am looking forward to those in my queue. I always love adding another title to my ever growing list of books.

Something I don't love? Dedicating time to a book and having to stop partway. Usually I have a good sense if a book is going to cross my appropriateness threshold soon after I start reading. Occasionally one slips through. Last night I had to stop reading a book after I was more than halfway through. And I was annoyed. I didn't think the story was well served by the addition of material that made me blush and say out loud, "Nope" while I returned it to the library. I'm mostly annoyed that I gave almost three hours (listening to the book at double speed) to a book that I'm not going to finish. But I'd rather return it than add that kind of material to my brain.

Oh well, on to the next one.

No comments: