Friday, October 7, 2022

Germs Make a Comeback

Today's post was going to be my General Conference recap from last weekend. I'm going to save that for another day. Instead, I'm going to share this picture that Bryan sent me this morning.

After two and a half years of not catching germs from other people because we were isolating all the time, most of us have colds. Bryan caught it first, last week. It didn't seem to get passed on to anyone else, until early this week. Cooper missed seminary Wednesday through Friday because he was so sniffly. Wednesday afternoon my throat started to hurt. I actually thought I was feeling better on Thursday, until it was time to go to sleep. That's when I stayed awake until nearly 3 o'clock in the morning because I kept having to blow my nose. I slept in while Bryan took Topher downstairs for breakfast. And that leads us to the picture. Topher had no energy at all. When I came downstairs I discovered he was running a fever of 101.5, the only one of us (as far as we know) to run a fever with this sickness.

The good news? All four of us have taken COVID tests and gotten negative results. Peter seems fine, maybe because he's spent the majority of the week away from us? Topher rested for most of the day and was feeling well enough by the afternoon that he was back to jumping off the furniture.

Sophie and Phoebe, as of this evening, have mild sore throats. Poor Phoebe was supposed to go to a friend's birthday party tonight but had to stay home because of our germs.

I guess it's a good thing we've had so much practice doing at-home church, because I think we may need to revisit that method this Sunday.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Dang it! I am sorry for the return of the germs! Hope everyone is feeling better soon. <3