Robbie Coltrane, the actor who played Hagrid in the Harry Potter movies, passed away today. Hearing that sad news made me feel nostalgic, so we watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for movie night tonight. Well, we watched a good chunk of it before bedtime hit and we paused the movie to finish another day. I did not expect Topher to be so engaged, but he was hooked.
After he and Sophie went to bed and the boys were working on other activities, I invited Phoebe to watch the Harry Potter reunion with me. I hadn't seen it yet and had baskets of laundry to fold, so I needed a distraction. She happily joined me, even with the spoilers that came at the end of the special since she hasn't seen the last two movies yet. It was lovely and we both ended up in tears. Hogwarts still feels so magical, twenty years later.
I think it's time to go back and reread the story of the boy who lived.
No comments:
Post a Comment