Sunday was our annual Primary Program and Sophie and Topher were thrilled to participate IN PERSON! Topher gave his line ("I feel the love of the Savior when he invites me to follow Him") clearly into the microphone without prompting. He had it memorized after only a few repetitions and was anxious to be in front of the crowd and at the mic. In other words, he takes after his mom in that area. He sang occasionally, but had reassured me beforehand that if he didn't sing he would just hum, and I guess that's what he did. The biggest win was that he didn't try to escape, which he had successfully done three times during their rehearsal the week before. He did climb onto the table he was sitting behind and then subsequently try to fall on his head off the other side, but I got out of my seat in the front row and gently pushed him back while mouthing the word, "No."
Sophie also did a wonderful job. She wrote and delivered a beautiful talk which I'll share below. The highlight for me was listening to her sing a solo for the final verse of I Feel My Savior's Love. It was lovely! We had practiced at home and she did a great job remembering to breathe and keep her throat and mouth open. She and I both heard lots of positive comments about the solo, including one from a young woman that said she was shocked and had no idea Sophie could sing like that. If she lived in the same house as Sophie it wouldn't have been surprising at all.
I didn't take any pictures of them before or after the meeting, so there's no visual evidence. Trust me, they were great.
And now, Sophie's talk:
One day a few weeks ago I was doing the dishes. My mom had just run upstairs to quickly put something away when Topher decided he would walk to the park all by himself. I heard the front door open before my mom did, since I was downstairs and she was upstairs, so I ran outside with no shoes on to stop Topher. By the time my Mom made it outside, I was about to get Topher. He was running fast and I was running faster to catch him. He finally stopped in the street in front of our neighbor's house and I caught him. I picked him up and carried him back home.
I love Topher so much that I was willing to go run outside in the rain with no jacket or shoes to save him. Jesus loves all of us so much that He was willing to give His life so we could be resurrected and live with Heavenly Father again. Isaiah prophesied a lot about Jesus’ birth and the miracles He performed and the Atonement and His resurrection. Isaiah chapter 25 verse 8 says:
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.
I bear my testimony that we can be like Jesus and we can show love to others by helping them, especially when they’re in danger. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
2 comments:
The primary program is my favorite program of the year. Sophie, thank you for being a wonderful big sister by watching out for Topher. Your talk was beautiful. I could feel the spirit touch my heart of the truth of your words as I read your talk. Topher I am impressed but not surprised that you memorized your part. I love that you both sang. Sophie, I hope to hear your solo sometime soon. I’m glad you like to sing!
Bravo Sophie and Topher! Your Primary program must have been wonderful! I wish I could have been there. 🥰
Post a Comment