Monday, September 11, 2023

Lesson Learned

After waking up sick on Friday I made myself rest as much as possible on both Friday and Saturday. Bryan made it possible by taking on my jobs as well as his. By Saturday afternoon I wasn't feeling totally well, but I was feeling guilty for staying in bed and not helping around the house. Usually I would have gotten up and done chores.

But not this time.

I continued to make myself stay in bed. I was supposed to teach Relief Society and lead choir practice the next day and I really wanted to be well enough to do that. So even though I had started to feel a little better, I intentionally kept recuperating.

You know what? I woke up on Sunday morning and I felt well!

I feel like it shouldn't have taken me 43 years to learn that rest really does help with recovery. But it did take that long. I hope the lesson sticks.

No comments: