- I'm really good at staying busy
- I'm not great at making myself rest when I need it
- I want to let the kids be responsible for their own chores
- I also want to jump in and help them with their chores when they're busy
- I'm much more bothered by the house falling apart than they are
- I can either spend my day picking up the slack from them not doing their chores, or I can work on my own projects that need to get done, I can't do both
- I often have more projects to do than energy to do them
- I wake up early to help the kids get out the door
- I still stay up way too late, usually sitting with a kid who has procrastinated their homework
- I am not taking enough naps
- I need to schedule time during the day to see and speak with other humans
- I miss my kids when they're at school
- I appreciate the quiet house when I'm the only one here
- I really love getting to talk with Bryan during the day, uninterrupted
- I like listening to audiobooks directly from my phone and not having to use my earbuds all the time
- I like chipping away at the to-do list I've held for so long
- I wish I could chip away at it faster
- I go on much faster walks by myself than when I walk with the kids
- I'm taking way fewer pictures of the kids than I used to
- I don't mind driving to pick them up from or deliver them to after-school activities
- I do a lot more listening than talking now
I wonder what revelations about myself will come from the second month of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment