Because of my thyroid issues I can't take regular cold medicine. I ran out of my supply so Bryan made a quick store trip between meetings. He asked if there was any comfort food he should pick up for me. In a moment of self pity I told him I couldn't eat any of the comfort food anyway, so no. He suggested BBQ potato chips and I agreed, those sounded good.
I slept while he shopped.
When he retuned home he had a grocery bag of goodies. In addition to the chips and cold medicine he had picked up sushi and cherries. He knew what I wanted even when I couldn't think of it.
As I looked at the treats he had picked up for me a thought popped into my head, "This is what love looks like." And it's true, at least for me. I was too tired and sick to think of anything I wanted to eat, so he took the time and mental energy to think about what might make me happy. These aren't his sick day foods (McDonald's french fries, if you're curious), they're mine. And they have helped. It's a seemingly small thing, but it makes a big difference.
I really love him.
No comments:
Post a Comment