Thursday, January 22, 2009

Good Morning Mr. President

The boys and I watched the inauguration on Tuesday. I told Peter that while I don't agree with much of what Obama says (gee, I think that's the first time I've shared that on here, I may have just lost some friends) I think it's important to support the office of the President of the United States of America. I also told him that not everyone lives in a country where the people can elect a president. So we watched Joe Biden get sworn in as VP, listened to a gorgeous arrangement of Tis a Gift, saw Barrack Obama take the oath of office, and listened to his speech. Then I turned off the TV because it had been on way longer than usual, so I missed what I hear was a rather exciting Benediction.

I tried to do other patriotic things throughout the day. We read:



and:



and we talked a little bit about the what the President does.

That night I helped Peter say his personal prayers. He's at the point in learning to pray that he still needs some help, but he also says some things on his own. This is how it went on Tuesday:

Me:(prompting) Please help me to be kind.
Peter: Please help me to be kind.
Me:(prompting) Please help me to obey.
Peter: Please help me to obey.
Me:(prompting) Please help-
Peter: Please help me to be President.

Huh. That's not actually what I was going to prompt him to say next, but it's good to know what you want.

4 comments:

Bryan said...

Kids say the darndest...

The Stells! said...

lol thats so cute, haha President Peter

GCC said...

HA!! I love it!!

Jordan said...

He's got my vote.