Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Run Away

I have a rule that I don't look at Facebook while my kids are awake/around. And I usually stick to that rule. But on Saturday evening I felt like I should check it before bedtime. I pulled out the laptop (because I took Facebook off my phone), lifted the screen, and selected the right browser tab. I got some important and timely information that I would have otherwise missed, so I believe I was prompted to check it.

Before I closed the computer I saw a post from a friend from college. She had shared a picture of herself and a handful of friends in running clothes and wrapped in blankets. She wrote about doing a half-marathon that day and how sore she would be the next day.

Sophie came over and looked at the screen.

Sophie: What are they (pointing to the screen) doing?

Me: (wondering how much of an explanation to give, opting for something simple) They're running.

Sophie: (pausing to consider) From what?

No comments: