Monday, May 13, 2019

Mom's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.

I got to sleep in, shower, and get ready for church without pausing to break up fights or calm an unhappy baby.

Bryan made a delicious breakfast of light and fluffy Belgium waffles, eggs, and bacon, then made a wonderful dinner of homemade chicken cordon bleu, multi-colored carrots, wild rice, and watermelon.

Peter, Cooper, Phoebe, and Sophie hugged me and kissed me and wished me a happy Mother's Day whenever they saw me.

Cooper, Phoebe, and Sophie sang beautifully with the Primary during Sacrament Meeting.

Bryan and the kids presented me with thoughtful (and useful) gifts and cards.

I sent and received Mother's Day greetings to and from many of the amazing mothers that I know and love.

I got to video chat with two of those mothers, my Mom and my Grandma.

I ended the day snuggling with Topher. I do this every night, but I still count it as a highlight.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day.

No comments: