Thursday, May 30, 2019

Worth the Wait

Sometimes I think about how long it took us to get Topher. I mean a few different things by that. He joined our family nearly seventeen years after Bryan and I were married. That's a lot of years to wait to meet someone.

But I'm also talking about the span of time between getting that overwhelming and direct impression that there was another child waiting to come to our family. It was two and a half years from that divine prompting until his birth.

And then I think about what would have happened if I had ignored that message from the Holy Ghost? Would it have kept coming? Or would we have missed out on this incredibly precious little boy?

Then, no matter which of these thoughts is in my head at the moment, I snuggle him close, breathe in his 12-month-old sweetness, and say a prayer of thanks that he's here.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I'm glad that he's here too!
=0)