Monday, September 8, 2008

Cleverness of Others

My last two posts were all about the funny things that Peter says. Lets be honest, most of what I write has to do with what Peter says. I include his verbal gems on here for three reasons:
  1. It's funny.
  2. I know that the grandparents (my parents and Bryan's parents) read my blog and love getting Peter stories.
  3. I want to remember them. I tell myself that whatever he's said is so funny that of course I'll remember. But I don't always. And that makes me a little sad.
But today I started to wonder if doing this follows my original goal for this blog. Does including these things really help my intellectual prowess?

Yes.

Being clever isn't just saying funny things. I think a major part of it is recognizing the cleverness around you. So, by including Peter's quips, I am being clever, because I realize and choose to document just how funny he is. And I think I'm a little smarter for it.

2 comments:

LeMira said...

I think you're right. After all, if it weren't for Peter, we'd never know the usefulness of the duck in persuading others. I"m still giggling at that one!

Crystal said...

You have to be clever to stay up with Peter. He really keeps in on your toes. LOL.