Sunday, September 14, 2008

One More Week, Folks

Today multiple people at church referred to "this beautiful Autumn Sunday". Fall begins September 22. It's still summer. Not that there's anything wrong with Autumn, but I really love Summer, and I'm not going to give it up until I have to.

That is all.

2 comments:

Charlynn said...

And I thought it was a beautiful, late summery Sunday. Some people are so funny! I was enjoying the almost too warm day as a reminder that Autumn was not upon us yet.

Bryan said...

True, the astronomical autumn is not upon us. We must wait for the equinox for that.

However, the meteorological autumn may well be here already - however we shan't know until winter is over. Meteorologically, spring and autumn are the spaces between the 90 hottest contiguous days and 90 coldest contiguous days of the past year. Once we've defined the coldest, we can nail down autumn completely.

In any case, I'm not ready to give up summer!