Monday, December 1, 2014

Let's Go Have an Adventure

We have adventures. I don't mean the my-kids-are-full-of-energy-so every-moment-is-an-adventure kind of adventures. We have those as well, certainly, but I mean honest to goodness, pack a lunch or stay in a hotel, see amazing landmarks, kinds of adventures.

Of course, those of you that read the blog (I'm pretty sure you're still out there) have seen the pictures and read the travelogues of these adventures, so this isn't news to you. But it came as an epiphany to me today. I recently printed out a bunch of pictures at Costco to make our walls fancy. This afternoon I taped several of the pictures up, just to get an idea for where I'll put them when they have frames. As I looked at all the places we've been it struck me: we have adventures.

I want to say the adventures are because of my own drive for excitement or knowledge or culture. But really, it's because we've now lived in four different time zones and we want to take advantage of what each place has to offer. And so Bryan and I have a list of what we want to see and we put forth a lot of effort to make that happen.

The Thanksgiving break was one of these adventures. Two of my brothers live in the Baltimore area, so we made the drive down and spent four days with them. The kids got to play with their cousins, I got to see my brothers, and we all ate delicious food. Then we spent a day visiting museums and seeing national monuments.

It was a great adventure.











No comments: