Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nothing to Fear But Fear Itself

Remember how I was freaking out about singing on Friday? Well, I probably psyched myself out more than I needed to. There were some stressful aspects of the night (I couldn't find my accompanist to rehearse one more time beforehand, he played everything veeerrryy slowly, that kind of stuff), but overall it went well.

And due to the casual nature of the event, there were only about twenty people in the chapel while I sang. I know that there were many more people in the cultural hall looking at the displays, and that they could all hear me as well, but I couldn't see any of them, so it was almost like they weren't there.

The weirdest part of the night was that after each song people applauded. In the chapel. I was not anticipating that.

So that I remember (because I have a hard time recalling after only a few days) here are the songs I sang:

  1. Do You Hear What I Hear (Carrie Underwood version)
  2. Count Your Blessings Instead of Sheep (from White Christmas)
  3. Does He Remember? (by Janice Kapp Perry)
  4. A New Star Shines Tonight (from the December 1988 New Era)
  5. I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day (Sally DeFord arrangement)
  6. What Child Is This (1st and 3rd verses), with an interlude into one verse of I Believe in Christ (1st half of 1st verse and second half of last verse)
I'm glad I sang. I'm glad it went well. I'm glad it's over.

1 comment:

Shari said...

Yaya...I wish I could have been there. I bet it was heavenly. Kate's Christmas recital piece was What Child is This. You two should get together and sing it for me. I'd like that.