Peter is the "Rock Star of the Week" for his class. Bryan and I were given the assignment to write a letter about Peter, letting his class know what a great kid he is. Bryan wrote his first. I read through it and then tried hard not to duplicate it. So that I can remember all of the great traits that Peter has right now, I'm posting that letter here.
Peter is awesome. He has a lot of
special gifts and talents that have always impressed me. He loves to see people
happy and will try hard to make sure everyone is laughing and having fun. Peter
is a very good friend. Once Peter was playing at a park and saw another little
boy who wasn't playing with anyone, so Peter invited the boy to play and
encouraged everyone to include the boy. He tries hard to make others happy.
Peter
is very creative. He loves art projects and will often spend hours Imagineering
fantastic worlds and build them out of bits of paper and cardboard. He loves to
write stories and can remember most of the stories that I've told him. He also
builds cool things in Minecraft and Terraria.
He has
a great memory - it is nearly photographic. He can absorb information from books
like a sponge can water. He loves to share and teach. He is a natural leader,
and will often have others following his lead. When he decided he likes
something he will focus on it relentlessly. He reads more than anyone I
know, and has finished lots of hard books.
Peter
is good at basketball and is a fast runner.
Most
of all, Peter is my friend.
I love
you Peter,
Dad
Peter is
awesome. He loves to go on adventures. He has lived in every time zone in the
continental United States. He’s visited Seattle, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco,
Salt Lake City, Dallas, Chicago, Green Bay, Washington DC, and NYC. Someday he
wants to visit Paris and he thinks the Eiffel Tower is really cool. He’s played
in the Pacific Ocean in California and in Oregon and has been to Mount
Rushmore.
He has a big
family. In addition to his mom and dad and brother and two sisters, he has nine
uncles, six aunts, four grandparents, and three living great-grandparents. He
met his great-great-grandma when he was a baby. Family is important to Peter.
Peter is great
at helping with his baby sister. She was born nine days before he turned eight
and he works hard to be a good big brother to her. He also comes up with fun,
crazy, inventive games to play with his brother and other little sister.
Peter is always
moving! When he was a baby we had to swaddle him (a special way to wrap a
little baby in a blanket) so he would sleep. Otherwise he would wiggle and keep
himself awake. He loves to jump and bounce and run and dance.
Peter eats a
lot. He eats more than I do. He eats more than his dad does. Sometimes, he eats
more than both of us combined. When he was little he was picky, but he’s not
anymore, which I think is great. He’s a good cook. He made a delicious apple
pie for Thanksgiving and helped make dinner for our family earlier this week.
Life is never
dull with Peter.
I love you
Peter!
Mom
1 comment:
He's growing up so fast. We Love, Love, Love Peter.
Post a Comment