Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25

This has been bouncing around Facebook for a couple of weeks and I've been been tagged by a few people. I figure that since I'm going to go to the trouble to type this up for Facebook, I might as well post it here too.

And now, without further adieu, 25 random things about me!

  1. When I was 12 I decided that I didn't like the carpet in my room anymore, so I tore it out. Without asking my parents. When my mom found out what I'd done she asked if I could pull the carpet out of her room next. I did.
  2. The first play I was in was Cinderella when I was in the third grade. I played Cinderella.
  3. I love acting, singing, and dancing and grew up doing all three. Now I use those skills to read funny books to my boys, sing with them, and have dancing parties with them.
  4. When Bryan and I got engaged I told him that I didn't want a stone in my engagement ring. I didn't want to go into debt for it and I was afraid I'd scratch him (or myself) in my sleep. So we bought a $15 cubic zirconium ring that was sparkly. Someone actually commented that the "diamond" was choice. Now Bryan and I wear matching wedding bands. I love them.
  5. I grew up in Southern California less than 10 miles from the beach, but I can't swim or surf.
  6. But I do love the ocean. A lot.
  7. I don't like the word hate. I think it should be used sparingly.
  8. I hate peas.
  9. I have a recurring dream that I'm running with giant strides around an island that looks like pictures I've seen of Greece. I'm not sure if I'm running to something or running away from something.
  10. Bryan and I are both oldest children. I joke that we take turns as to who will be the Type-A personality, but it's kind of true.
  11. I have always loved having an uncommon name. I just wish that more people pronounced it correctly.
  12. I'm neurotic about locking doors. This includes the car doors and house doors.
  13. I'm afraid of dogs. Even little ones.
  14. I'm also afraid of the dark.
  15. I went to 3 different elementary schools, home-schooled for 5 years, went to private school for a semester, and 2 different high schools. Only one of those switches was because we moved.
  16. I want a food processor. (I melted the last one in the dishwasher)
  17. I'm hypoglycemic so I avoid refined sugar. I found out about this after my freshman year of college. I can eat honey, fructose, and artificial sweeteners. Although every once in a while I'll have a brownie, because I love them.
  18. A few weeks after I graduated from high school my 18-year-old clunker car was stolen out of my driveway. This was especially sad because I used my trunk as a giant locker and lost many pairs of dance shoes. The police found it a few months later about 20 miles from my parent's house. I had already replaced all the shoes.
  19. I always wanted to be 6' tall. I am 5'4 and 1/2".
  20. Making crafts stresses me out. So does hand-sewing. I get all tense and agitated. Hence my aversion to both.
  21. I would eat watermelon everyday if I could. Mmm, watermelon...
  22. I'm really good at remembering people and names. I'm also good at remembering dates, specifically birthdays.
  23. My left eye is quite far-sighted. My right eye is just a little bit near-sighted.
  24. Once while baby-sitting one of the kids I was watching cut my hair. Right at the nape of my neck. Luckily it was a straight cut so all I had to do was cut 16" off to clean it up.
  25. In high school a girl in one of my classes told me I had a beautiful voice. I thanked her and asked if she had been to one of the choir concerts. She said no, she had heard me singing to myself as I walked out of PE one day. Awkward...

5 comments:

Ian said...

Who was the kid that cut your hair?

Crystal said...

Poor peas...is there no love in your world for peas? LOL.

Beth said...

I really liked reading this; fun to get to know you and well-written to boot (#7 and #8 together cracked me up!)

Charlynn said...

That is a lot of random facts. The hair one makes me sad. Thanks for coming over today.

Jordan said...

You can't swim? Dork ...